NJ Zero Emission Incentive Program Rolls Out Second Phase
NJ ZIP is a $90M million voucher pilot launched by New Jersey Economic Development Authority (NJEDA) for Medium and Heavy Duty Zero-Emission Vehicles. This pilot is funded by Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI) proceeds allocated to NJEDA for the purposes of reducing harmful emissions, especially in communities disproportionately impacted by transportation emissions, and creating economic opportunity within the state. The program will provide vouchers with base values ranging between $20,000 to $175,000.
Phase 2: Eligibility & Compliance Requirements
To be eligible, an applicant must be:
- Be a commercial, industrial, or institutional organization registered in New Jersey.
- In tax compliance
- In good standing with the New Jersey Department of labor and New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection
- Must purchase and register a new zero emission Class 2b – Class 8 vehicle for commercial, industrial, or institutional use within 12 months of voucher reservation
- Must operate 75% of vehicle miles in NJ and register vehicle in NJ
Project Vehicle Eligibility
To be eligible, applicant new vehicle(s) must be:
- A new zero emission vehicle. Retrofits and repowers of vehicles already owned by the Applicant are not eligible.
- Purchased and registered within twelve months of receipt of voucher approval. An extension for up to an additional six months may be permitted and will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Not a subject of VW or any other State funding for the same vehicle(s)
- Procured from a Vendor that meets program eligibility requirements
Find out more details, get updates and vendors who wish to supply vehicles can be found on this link