New Year, New Stats!
How did you engage with our Southern Ocean Community?
Southern Ocean County Chamber of Commerce: Snapshot Review
The Southern Ocean County Chamber of Commerce has been serving the Long Beach Island (LBI) region for over 109 years, and 2023 was no exception. The chamber’s efforts have been instrumental in promoting the region’s businesses and events, as well as providing valuable resources to its members. From businesses to the public, sharing information online, over broadcast, digital media or in person connected many throughout the year. First time visitor, resident, seasoned business owner or new start up all had a chance to participate in some capacity.
Here are some of the outcomes from the chamber’s programming in 2023:
- Cultivating local investment - 143 local businesses participated chamber’s economic programming.
- Growing new audiences on air - 48 LBI region broadcasts and podcasts highlighted local businesses and events on WBNJ FM
- Providing state of the art communication to over 9660 consumers subscribed to our monthly Explore newsletter.
- Embracing new platforms and outreach to over 62,600 social media followers on major platforms.
- Connecting job seekers to member businesses through 4891 Southern Ocean Job Opp members.
- Welcoming 70 new businesses as chamber members.
- Networking and Innovating through 27 chamber meetings and events with 1462 members attending.
- Sharing trusted resources 64% New 36% Returning readers to press releases housed on our Coastal NJ Newsroom
- Representing local interests through key legislation, travel shows and presentations in and outside the state
These numbers are just a snapshot of the Southern Ocean Chamber's continued commitment to the LBI region business community and its evolution into the 21st century. As the organization enters its 110th year of service in 2024, expect even more exciting developments and initiatives to come.
New resident or visiting the area - Explore more and catch up on editions of our newsletter!
Have a Business - Be part of the local tradition!